Solar hot water systems
Making sure you have the right system for your situation
AGL Assist offers a great range of solar hot water systems to suit different locations and your property’s individual situation. With some of the latest solar hot water technology on the market today, the different options include:
At a glance, the set–up of this type of system means:
- Both the hot water tank and solar thermal collectors are located on your roof.
- Its solar panels contain cold water, and once heated, the water flows to your storage tank where it’s stored for future use, or pumped around your home.
Basically, with the set–up of this type of system:
- Solar thermal collectors are located on your roof, and your water tank is positioned on the ground.
- A pump on the ground sends the water to the solar panels on your roof where it’s heated before returning back to the tank.
- You have a booster making sure you have hot water regardless of the weather.
The features of this system are different to the others in the following ways:
- There are no solar panels.
- An efficient heat pump takes heat from the surrounding air to heat your water.
- You have an electric backup function for when the surrounding air is cold.
You’ll get a system suited to your property
At the time of your assessment AGL Smarter Living will help find the best solar hot water system available for your needs. If you want to discuss the types of systems that are offered, call AGL Smarter Living on 131 766.