Solar account setup
Making your account solar-ready
Once your new solar power system is installed, your electricity account needs to be updated with your retailer for billing and tariff crediting purposes. Different states have different processes for setting up your account. View your state below to find out more.
How do I set up my account in Victoria?
The steps involved in updating your account in Victoria are:
- After your system is installed, you should receive a solar feed in agreement, which you must sign and return to your electricity retailer.
- Following receipt of the agreement your account will be updated so it’s solar-ready.
- Your electricity retailer will also notify your Distributor (who is responsible for the poles, wires and meters in your area) that your account is ready.
- At this point everything is set up so you can receive solar feed-in tariffs (the amount you earn per kWh of electricity generated).
How do I set my account up in other states?
The process for setting up your account in New South Wales, South Australia and Queensland is slightly different to Victoria:
- After your solar power system is set-up, your installer will notify your Distributor (who is responsible for the poles, wires and meters in your area) that the installation is complete.
- Depending on your situation a new meter may be installed at this time.
- At this point your system will start generating solar electricity, and your retailer will receive this data, update your account, and you’ll receive solar feed-in tariffs (the amount you earn per kWh of electricity fed into the grid).