Solar power feed-in tariffs in Queensland.
In Queensland, your potential earnings for electricity fed into the grid are calculated using the net metering system. Under this system only the electricity generated in excess of what you use is fed into the grid, and you receive a feed–in tariff per kWh for this electricity.
What you could potentially earn
- AGL offers eligible customers a feed-in tariff of 8 cents* per kWh of electricity fed into the electricity grid.†
- Customers with an existing solar installation may be eligible for different feed-in tariff amounts. Please visit the Queensland Government website or call AGL today on 131 245 (8:30am to 6pm, Monday to Friday) for further information.
- Certain AGL electricity plans are not available to solar customers. AGL has a number of electricity plans that are available for solar customers. Please contact AGL on 131 245 to discuss which offers are available to you.
It all adds up
Over time, the advantages of generating solar power can really work for you.
- With a Solar power system, you might use less electricity from the grid, because the electricity your Solar PV system generates can help power your home. And using less electricity from the grid means less to pay on your bill.
- Also, if your solar power system generates more electricity than your home requires, you will receive credits on your bill for any excess electricity that is fed into the grid.#
* GST exclusive.
† Any solar feed-in tariff applied by AGL that is not regulated by the Queensland Government Solar Bonus Scheme may be varied by AGL.
# Credit amounts received are determined by continuing to meet applicable eligibility criteria.