Go solar and start saving today*.
With AGL you can go solar for $199 upfront, then from $4.64 a day over 2 years (total min. cost of payment plan $3,590 at selected locations)^
A solar PV system from AGL can help reduce your electricity bills and minimise the impact of rising electricity prices.*
This offer includes:
- A fully installed 1.5kW Solar PV system with
- 6 high efficiency mono-crystalline 250 watt solar panels,
- A 1.5kW EKO Energy inverter,
- Building guarantee on all work undertaken by AGL#.
Other system sizes available, enquire for more details.
It all adds up.
Over time, the advantages of generating solar power can really work for you.
Less on your energy bill
With a solar PV system installed, the electricity your system generates can help power your home, which will reduce your reliance on the electricity grid and may reduce overall electricity consumption on your energy bill.
Range of solar pv systems
With our extensive Solar PV System range, we're sure to have a system to meet your solar needs.
It's as simple as this:
- When the sun is shining, the photo voltaic panels of a solar PV system capture sunlight and convert it into direct current electricity.
- The Solar PV system, using an inverter, then converts this electricity into 240V alternating current electricity which you can use around your home.
- Under a net feed-in system this electricity then gets distributed for use around your property, and any excess electricity is fed into the electricity grid through your electricity meter.
- Under a gross feed-in system all of the electricity generated is fed into the electricity grid through your electricity meter.
You can see how solar PV Systems work below.
The parts that make it all happen.
Sound simple enough so far? It's a mixture of technology and Mother Nature that makes using the sun’s energy possible. The main element involved in the process is sunlight - the source of the energy. This is harnessed by your solar power system, which is comprised of two main parts:
- Solar panels - (also known as 'photovoltaic' or PV panels) - Used to capture the sunlight and convert it into electricity.
- An inverter - To convert the electricity generated by the solar panels into electricity that can be used around your home, or fed into the electricity grid.
We're making it sound simple, but there is a technical side to it all.
The positives for you.
A solar PV system could help you save on your energy bill in the following two ways:
- Less electricity from the grid means less on your bill - With solar PV system you could draw less electricity from the grid, because the electricity you generate can be used to help power your home.
- Offset your bill further – At times your solar PV system may generate more electricity than your home requires. Depending on the state you live in, and the solar incentive schemes available, you could receive a feed in tariff for every kWh of this excess electricity you feed into the grid.
What are the advantages of going solar with AGL?
- AGL has been a trusted energy company for 175 years.
- AGL is one of Australia’s leading renewable energy companies. Our commitment to renewable energy means we know solar PV and solar hot water and how to source cost-effective solar solutions for our customers.
- AGL Solar has a dedicated team of solar experts that can advise on a tailored solution for every home or business
- Free solar power consumer guide to help you make your decision with objective information
- No ongoing costs with locked-in service and maintenance contracts!
Contact us to find out more about solar PV and solar hot water.
Click here to view our testimonials.
By submitting this enquiry you agree to an AGL representitive contacting you for any further details required.
For more information about how we handle your personal information, see our Privacy Statement.
- A trusted energy company with 175 years experience.
- A leading integrated renewable energy company.
- You are taken care of from enquiry to installation.